The Lowcountry Senior Center welcomes adults age 50 and older to come for exercise, socializing and to broaden their horizons through a wide array of classes. We emphasize lifelong wellness with a focus on fun and learning, and offer a multitude of opportunities for seniors to try new things and meet new people.
Our location, nestled amongst James Island’s beautiful live oaks, makes visiting the Lowcountry Senior Center a real treat. Our excellent facilities include a walking trail, outdoor fitness stations, gym, computer lab and comfortable space where we offer some 250 classes each month. There is always something new to do and learn at the Lowcountry Senior Center, such as:
- Exercise, including yoga, strength training, aerobics and Zumba classes
- Social events, including Breakfast Club, Wine Club and Birthday Potlucks
- Games such as Bridge, Canasta, Scrabble, Chess and Pinochle
- Arts classes, including beading, journaling, watercolor
- Lectures from visiting professors and physicians
- Ongoing wellness series such as Living Well and Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Become a Member!
Plus diverse volunteer experiences for all professions!
Managed by Roper St. Francis Healthcare.